Saturday, February 18, 2012

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

I was always taught, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. I get very upset when other people don't follow this rule. I understand that you have to defend yourself if someone is attacking you, verbally. I am not saying that you should just not say anything at all.

I am saying, for no reason whatsoever, for people to be rude, mean, and hurtful to other people. Whether it be in person, or over the internet which is much easier. People feel that since they are not face to face with someone, that their words will not hurt. That bothers me.

Recently, we were on WTNH News Channel 8 for our items going into The Oscars Swag Bags (yay! so excited!!). This was a big thing for us and we were super happy about it. And people are just plain rude. I will not say where on the internet these comments were left- but they were hurtful. People commenting being rude and mean for no reason. It's not like this was a story attacking anyone. Or even a story about politics, religion, etc- which people get passionate about very quickly. It is a small segment about a mother daughter company donating to organizations and gifting celebs at The Oscars Gift Lounge.

People need to realize that even though their comments are not face to face and you don't have to see the person you are attacking, it still hurts. I was talking with my mother last night about this and she was telling me to relax, calm down, everyone has a right to their own opinions. Which I get. And I support. But I was raised that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Why hurt someone else for no reason?

For anyone reading, thanks for listening to my rant LOL. Some things really bother me and this is one of them.Why can't everyone just be nice to other people? It would definitely make the world a much better place. <3

5 comments:

  1. Love your site and your jewelry! WOW! Gorgeous pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your site is wonderful. You two are beautiful. Your jewelry is beautiful!!!!! Listen your hearts, not what someone has to say!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We live in a pretty rude society. There are some people who feel that if they are not happy then they need to make others unhappy. I am pretty sure those that made rude comments were upset that you are making a success of your life while they are not. Their fault, not yours. Water off a duck's back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think some people are just jealous when others get recognition for doing something well. I think I am familiar with the mother/daughter team and they are truly wonderful. I have noticed it everywhere, even when someone dies that is famous and people write "who cares?" Someone cares! It makes me mad too. I gladly give my name and even a picture of me because I would never intentionally hurt someone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually try not to read the comments people leave on open forums like the news (blog comments are an exception usually) because many people are just nasty. I can only imagine that they are miserable nasty people who want to spread their misery.

    Congrats on being featured!

    ReplyDelete