Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Oh, how I love La La Land

This past weekend I was lucky enough to leave cold Connecticut and make my way to sunny California with The Artisan Group, to represent the amazing handmade artists at GBK's Golden Globes Gift Lounge! The next couple of posts will be all about my 4 day trip.... Here it begins!

Thursday 01/09/14:

I am a horrible "flyer". I freak out days before hand whenever I have to go on a flight. So Thursday morning, I was somewhat a mess, but I was ready to go.


Nothing like taking a bathroom selfie in JFK to calm your nerves, right?

After taking my valium, reading a new book and jamming to my ipod for 6 hours, I made it to LA.


Beverly Hills, here I am.


Right when I got off the plane I had to go to my room, drop my bags off, and head to set up. Of course, after I took some pictures of my fabulous room at The L'Ermitage Hotel.

A whole suite, just for me? I felt like royalty in this place. One of the best hotels I have ever been to. As I am writing this cuddled up in freezing Connecticut, I am dreaming of going back to this hotel. *One Day*






Amazing, right? Like a different world.

Now, after I took some photos, work was to be done. Time to set up The Artisan Group's display at The Golden Globes Gift Lounge.

We had to set up 24 displays and get all the celeb and press bags situated.



The even as on the rooftop of The L'Ermitage. HOW COOL! This was the view....




Setup took awhile. But it was worth it in the end. It looked amazing! Below you can see Valerie, The Artisan Group's founder, and Rachel a TAG member, owner of Genuine Leathers Designs.


Loving it!

After the setup was complete, it was time to relax. And how better to relax then with a nice big drink!


From there, we went out to a fun TAG dinner.......

But you'll have to wait for my next post to read all about that.

Until then!



No comments:

Post a Comment