Saturday, May 28, 2011

Fabulous Review: Recycled Grace Shirt!

Happy Weekend!

I have had the amazing opportunity to work with Grace, of Recycled Grace. Grace makes fabulous clothing from recycled materials and garmets.

"In an effort to reuse and recycle, all items are one-of-a-kind designs and made with recycled/salvaged/repurposed materials and garments. Everything I sell is recycled/repurposed. I make clothes, accessories, furniture, jewelry, home décor, housewares, etc – and am always thinking of what to try next, based on the latest raw materials I’ve scored. :)

Before I throw anything away, I take a good, hard look at it to decide if it can be made into something else first – it’s a curse, really. :) Because, for example, I have an ever increasing stack of thick, plastic dog and cat food bags waiting to be made into waterproof bags of some sort. I cannot make myself put them in the trash."

Personally, I wish I could have that gift! Her items are gorgeous and what is it that they say... another person's trash is someone else's treasure! Well, her items are definitely a treasure!

I was lucky enough to review one of her shirts. Look how freakin adorable this is... totally my style.


Even though Grace and I have never met- she pegged me right on the nose with this shirt. I absolutely LOVE anything lace and kiss marks? Hello- all me.

This shirt is of great quality- and it does stretch out to fit a bigger person. Now- This shirt is a size small- which is why it is on the manequin in the picture- Even though it does stretch out, I am a pretty thick woman. It fits- but there is no way in hell I'm taking a picture of myself to show you lol. But don't worry- I plan on fitting in it (nicely) by the end of the summer. So you'll be able to see me lookin all kinds of fine in it then :)

A little bit of info about this particular piece? Here we go..




"Upcycled, recycled racerback tee. I added new crocheted straps and stretchy lace down the front. This is another of my daughter's 'cast-offs' that she wants back after I upcycled it. :)

One-of-a-kind. No more available in this fabric.

Beautiful, flattering neckline in front and back and feminine crocheted lace straps.

Racer back is very flattering. Looks great over another shirt or by itself.

Machine wash and dry - gently cycle or hang to dry.

This fabric is VERY stretchy, so will fit many size bodies. It measures 23" from back of neck down to bottom of shirt. It measures 14" across, just under the arms, laying flat. The tag still says "small", but it is very stretchy. Mannequin is a size 8-10.

In a effort to reuse and recycle, all items are one-of-a-kind designs and made with recycled/reclaimed/repurposed materials and garments. Everything I sell is recycled/repurposed.

Allergy info: cats and dogs helped make all products"
( $35 on Etsy)


We all know I love anything unique. One of my favorite things to say to someone is "why do you want something a million other people have?". Unique makes it special. Recycled Grace definitely is unique!

A couple more adorable items from her shop? Of course!



Well, you definitely will be seeing more of Recycled Grace here on this blog. Want to know why? I know you do! SHE IS PARTICIPATING IN A GIVEAWAY! Yes folks, one of you fabulous readers may win one of her items in the........ I Love My Daddy Giveaway Event going on from June 15-June19th! But of course, because I love surprises- I won't give you any hints about what item she is giving away. I guess you will just have to come back on June 15th and see for yourself!

If you want to get a head start on the entries- feel free to Heart her Etsy Shop and Like her facebook! Feel free to tell her Jewels for Hope sent you- she's a sweetie.

Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, thanks for the amazing review! So glad to see you like it (I was tempted to keep it for myself :). I love how soft, comfy and stretchy the fabric is. Looking forward to the give-away! :)

    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/GraceCooley

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Recycled-Grace-Grace-Cooley/116810331719246

    www.RecycledGrace.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete