Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My Poor Baby.....

I have two black labs... they are my babies. Ava, we got from a breeder. She is a pure bred dog and she is gorgeous. She has a thing for men- she is just a little whore we say because whenever a man walks into a room she has to go up to him immediately and stays near him until a new man comes in.

Everyone loves Ava.

We also have another lab... Leroy John. Leroy we got from Labs for Rescue. He is the tramp dog... my baby. We call them Lady & The Tramp all the time since he really does look like a little junk yard dog. He is so cute though.. he's my little man.

Well, the reasoning for the post is really for me to just vent and let all this out because I am somewhat of a mess right now. Leroy has seizures. The last one he had was January. It wasn't a horrible one thank god.

Today Leroy just had two horrible seizures about 10 minutes apart. Each one lasting at least for 8-12 minutes. I am crying hysterically. I can't help it. I have never seen the seizures lasting this long. We are going to see how much the medication is going to cost for him--- but honestly, I don't know how we're going to afford it. This is just one big nightmare.

Thank God my mother was home when this happened. If I was alone in the house, I don't know what I would have done. The entire time I was just crying because I felt so bad for him. We had to move all of our furniture around during it because he was just throwing himself all over the place. My poor little man.

I felt bad for Ava too... she cried the whole time trying to get to Leroy. We had to keep pushing her back so she wouldn't get in his way- she just wanted to help him. I hope we don't have to give him up... I don't know how either of them would be without the other one. But I don't know if my mother and myself can handle another seizure like this from him. It isn't fair to him to have owners who have no idea what to do in a situation like this. Maybe we could talk to Labs for Rescue and see if they would help us pay for the meds? Ah, I don't know. It's times like this where I wish we were rich... not have to worry about not being able to afford medicine for a part of our family. Because HE IS a part of our family.

Look how cute my babies are.....


Ava on the left, Leroy on the right
When we first got Leroy... he was so scronny





I love my babies.
I hope Leroy is going to be okay... Thanks for listening everyone. Just writing about this is making me feel a little better.
Hope everyone has a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my Stevie! I feel for you and your furry Ohana. My dear friend Leilani experienced similar with her doggie Haze. I have emailed her to email you to share, etc. I have many pets too and they are my children! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear this. I get so weepy when it comes to animals and babies. Please post what the vet says.

    ReplyDelete