Monday, August 15, 2011

Did You Miss Me? I Missed You!

I'm Back!

It's official... my two week vacation is now over. I am back in the comfort of my own home and as much as I love vacation- I am happy to be back!

The whole vacation was such a great time, I can't believe it is actually over though! I had been looking forward to this for the better part of this year already. It's sad that it is over now.

I have so much to tell you all I don't know where to start! Okay, This is defnitely going to be broken up into sections.. so let me get all the details out about my first week's vacation in Ocean City with my family.

This is us. Myself (to the right), my two sisters Krista & Layla, Krista's friend Inez, and my parents. We had almost a perfect week. We sat around at the beach and at the pool for most of the vacation- which is just the way I like it. Personally, I don't have to leave those two areas ever and I will be perfectly content. I love the sun, the water, everything. Just relaxing on the beach with a good book and some music on is probably my favorite thing to do, ever.

It was nice to just sit back and relax. I know you must be thinking- "you're unemployed... isn't that what you do all day long?" Well, believe it or not, no. I am usually glued to my laptop promoting Jewels for Hope or I'm job hunting. And when I'm not on my laptop I am creating jewelry or greeting cards to sell. So Normally I don't get time to just "relax".


This first week had AMAZING weather. Really, it couldn't have been better. It only rained 1 night--- of course we happened to be outside, on the boardwalk that night and got caught in that rain. Without a working umbrella (remind me never to let my father buy me an umbrella again-- the one he got me was cute leopard print--- but DID NOT OPEN! Thanks, Dad. Thanks a lot. )


Don't know if you can tell, but we are dripping wet here. We walked at least 15minutes in a straight downpour to get back to our hotel. Nice, right? Here's a better shot of my sister- you can CLEARLY see the difference of wet pants to- non wet pants haha.



Other then that one night of rain, it was perfect. Something that realllly made my vacation though? My fiance surprised me and showed up early!


He was texting me all morning on Thursday telling me there was a HUGE accident on the GW bridge and he won't be in Ocean City until late in the afternoon. I was upset. He ended up getting to the hotel BY 11:00 that morning! I was so happy! We walked up and down the boardwalk all day and got funny pictures taken- then we all went mini golfing and out to a nice dinner.



It was perfect.

Then we had to drive 2 days down to Florida. Hmm, not my best idea to DRIVE to Florida. Haha. I kid, I did have fun on the drive- other then the horrible storm we hit in South Carolina. I forced asked the fiance to pull over and get a hotel at arond 7:30 Friday night. We get to a hotel, and funny thing? Lightening hit the hotel next to us and it caught on fire. It was THAT bad out! Thank God no one was injured!

That wraps up my Ocean City Vacation. Tons of eating, tanning, pool-ing it up, and relaxing. Here are a couple more great shots I'll leave you guys off with...







No comments:

Post a Comment