Friday, May 13, 2011

I won The Zone Diet!!


I was thrilled to find out that I won TWO weeks worth of The Zone Diet from “ Just Married with Coupons.” I couldn’t believe it! I actually started crying a little when I found out I won.. I know that’s a tad bit weird… but I had gained about 20lbs during the first 4 months of me being sick. I stopped weighing myself after that- and since I was sick for about 8 months, I know I definitely gained more then 20lbs, ha ha.

Anyone who knows what it is like to be sick and not be able to move around, or just anyone who has ever had a problem with weight in their lives- you know how difficult it is to loose that weight. I have been struggling with it since the beginning of this year. I have not come anywhere close to loosing the weight I had gained during my sickness.

I know a lot of people who think that gaining weight is just a person stuffing their face and it is their own fault. I hate it when people judge you on your weight… I know so many people who do- it just bothers me. Weight does not make a person.

Yes, I am thrilled to be fortunate enough to win The Zone Diet, but not because of how I look. I need to get healthy again. Gaining so much weight during such a short period of time really is not a good thing. I need to get active again- I need to drop this weight- and know that I am healthy again.

I started The Zone Diet this past Wednesday, May 10th. I am pleasantly surprised that I am actually not hungry on it!!!! I don’t think I have ever been this full from such smaller portions than what I am used to. Not to say I eat like a slob normally…. But I do love food. This doesn’t let me feel deprived at all. And the best part? IT GIVES ME CARBS. I am such a carbs person- I love them. This gives me my carbs so I feel it’s much easier to actually stick with this. If I were ever to do something like Atkins I don’t think I would survive. I love my bread!
Here is a great shot of what is in the first week:






 Well.. Since I love The Zone so much, only after 2 days, I decided I will write some posts about my 2 week journey. Now, I did not take a picture of myself because I don’t think in 2 weeks it will be THAT noticeable of a change that you can see in a picture. But I DID record my measurements and my weight. Are you ready for it?

Weight: 203.5
Chest: 44”
Stomach: 42”
Hips: 48”

Don’t Judge.

I am hoping that in 2 weeks time, I will have some change. Seeing as how I am still unemployed and can’t afford this on my own- 2 weeks is really all I can do.

Wish me luck on this journey! Fingers crossed this gives me the jump start I need to get this weight loss rolling!


***P.S. No matter what I look like- I can always wear my Vedette Shapwear. Have you entered the Vedette Giveaway yet? Go on! Try and win one for yourself! ***



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by Coupons, Crafts and Causes. I've added your button to My Button Collection page.

    Have a great weekend,


    Kelly
    Coupons, Crafts and Causes
    Coupons, Crafts and Causes - Facebook
    Indiana Inker
    Indiana Inker - FB

    ReplyDelete
  2. New public follower here. I saw you on Hoppin Weekend. I will like you in facebook. I hope you will follow me back. Here are my links: http://talesfrommyjournal.blogspot.com http://www.facebook.com/DeniseMartin.LillaRose : )

    ReplyDelete